New Longboard invention Wheel Shields are raising funds and looking for support on Kickstarter
Wheel Shields upgrade your longboard with 6 powerful features. Invented by longboarders for longboarders, Wheel Shields are an exciting new innovation set to change the sport. The company has already raised $17,000 on crowdfunding website Kickstarter to buy the mold that will bring Wheel Shields into production. They have one week left to raise $8,000 more.
Here’s what Wheel Shields do:
• Splash Protection. Wheel Shields act similar to a mud flap and keep you dry. Your longboard is now a versatile all-weather transportation vehicle.
• Prevent locking wheels. If you’re into downhill skating, you’ll no longer lock wheels with other riders. Their wheels will lock against yours, but your wheels will keep rotating because they are protected by Wheel Shields, giving you the confidence to skate tighter lines around the opposition.
• Wheel bite elimination. By creating a barrier around each wheel, Wheel Shields eliminate wheel bite and allow wheels to rotate freely.
• Longer bearing life. Wheel Shields fit snugly against the outer bearing of each wheel, without creating additional friction. This keeps water from entering the bearing, protecting it from rust and increasing usable life.
• End shoe bite. You’ll no longer accidentally step on your wheels, which can happen while doing new tricks or plain not paying attention.
• New tricks. Wheel Shields also allow riders to stand directly on top of their wheels, opening up all sorts of new trick possibilities. You can invent brand new manuals, colemans and dances with Wheel Shields.
“Wheel Shields are brilliant. Hands down the biggest innovation in longboarding. I wish I had Wheel Shields when I skated around the world. Wheel Shields have changed the longboard transportation paradigm forever. They are an elegant solution to a frustrating problem.” - Robert Thomson, Guinness World Record for Longest Distance on a Skateboard (7,500 miles)
Wheel Shields work universally with almost any wheels and trucks (more compatibility info in the link below). The company is taking orders on Kickstarter to fund the mold for mass production, and can’t produce Wheel Shields if they do not get enough orders before September 4th. Watch the demo video and get em here: www.bit.ly/WheelShields